Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Cloud Computing in Ireland

Finally, I have made my way to VMware in Cork and received some insight into their role in the IT industry here in Ireland. This company manages data for local hospitals and other organization then store it into their cloud. VMware guarantees that their customers' data is protected and take precautions to prevent any hacking attacks with the help of professionals. I asked a few questions to get familiar with the company. 




VMware offers a few cloud computing models including Software as a Service(SaaS) and Platform as a Service(PaaS). After asking about a question regarding a comparison between VMware and Oracle, I learned that the company uses Oracle Cloud technologies which I found very cool. The speaker shared with us that VMware is constantly acquiring tech start-ups and integrating their technologies into theirs. I wish I had the chance to meet those who create the technologies, but it's okay!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the visit to VMWare, because it was different than all of the other field trips. One of the most interesting things I learned here was that they are also located in Atlanta! Who knows, maybe you will find yourself working for VMWare in the future.

    -Hannah R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information. It has help me in finding out more detail about Education Loan Interest

    ReplyDelete