Saturday, June 1, 2019

Irish Living

I know you may have been served baked beans during a cookout, but have you had some for breakfast? The traditional Irish breakfast includes baked beans and almost on every corner, you see deals on the customary breakfast. This was very interesting to learn and though having baked beans for breakfast is unusual for me, it's an ordinary thing for the Irish.

I could have passed judgment towards this tradition, instead, I accepted it as a part of their identity. Americans and Irish people are different, but we have the freedom to create our own customs. I also noticed that there aren't air conditioners in Ireland because it doesn't get cold enough for them. I met an English woman that expressed that the highest temperature they get on this side of the world was in the mid-70s (Fahrenheit). In addition to air conditioners, I found out some cool things about their restrooms in American terms.

Us Americans refer to a room full of toilet stalls and washbowls as "restrooms", however, the Irish people refer to this room as "toilets". Also, instead of headings such as "MEN" and "WOMEN", in Ireland the headings are "GENTS" and "LADIES". I favor their headings because they have smoother vibes. Here is a nice picture of an Irish toilets' sign in Luigi Malones in Dublin, Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment