Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Irish People Across the World

The EPIC Museum presents Irish people's history as global advocates, artists, and political leaders. You will find interactive screens that will educate you on their impact on the world. I became inspired after reading some stories on how they fought for civil rights for not only for themselves but for others too. This made me reevaluate my position in the world.



As I walked around the museum, I found that Barack Obama, Rihanna, and Mariah Carey have Irish roots. Another thing that captured my eye was an Irish woman's, Valerie Place, story. She was a volunteer in Africa that fed children. Tragically, she was killed on her way to a school. Her story reminded of the volunteer in the film, Hotel Rwanda, who was helping kids from Africa to escape war. Instead of remaining in Ireland, Valerie Place decided to help the world and as a result, made an impact on 2500 lives. 



I enjoyed the EPIC Museum because it gave me insight into Irish's people contributions to the world. Though the museum is a tourist attraction, it brings in revenue as tourism is a large part of Ireland's economy. Many people travel to Ireland to analyze their roots and find their ancestors. This museum gives them a start. 


No comments:

Post a Comment