Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Social Responsibility

During the last semester, I have been trying to recycle as much as I can. However, the closest recycling center in walking distance is at the school which doesn't have a bin for everything. In Ireland, you can find somewhere to recycle and stores take it upon themselves to preserve resources.

When we visited Cork, I went to the store and asked for a bag for my items. The cashier told me it would be 20 cents for a plastic bag, a negative incentive. Also when we visit Waterford Insititute of Technology, they have bins for both composites and plastics. This showed that Ireland is very serious about making a greener environment.

As a result, I would like to see if my hometown can invest in a small recycling center to protect our community. I see this as a volunteer opportunity for everyone and we will be making a contribution to our city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment